Tuesday, January 20, 2009

If I Were Running Yahoo -- Revisited

Back in September, I penned a Search Insider column outlining 10 things I’d do if I were running Yahoo. #1 on that list was "Say no to Microsoft once and for all" #2 was “Replace Jerry Yang as CEO.”

Sure enough, last week, Yahoo named Carol Bartz its new CEO. And per WSJ, "Ms. Bartz said in a company-wide Yahoo meeting Wednesday that she plans to spend a lot of time investigating whether to sell Yahoo's search business but that her "gut" was not to do that, according to people familiar with the meeting."

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Already 2 of my plans for running Yahoo have come to fruition -- replacing Yang and running display ads on SERPs. Could Roy Bostock be cribbing off my blog posts?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails