Thursday, August 27, 2009

It It Book-Worthy?

Thumbs UpImage Source

Now that I've started a family, there are 2 things left on my bucket list -- publish a book and run a marathon.

Yesterday, I used my Search Insider column as a litmus test for a topic I've been noodling on for a while that I think would make great book fodder. So far the response has been overwhelming. I've gotten over 100 "thumbs-ups" which is quadruple my normal thumbage -- granted I've been pining for thumbs on Twitter -- and 11 positive comments.

Today, I had a call with a book publisher to gauge interest and the editor was quite enthusiastic. The next step is to develop a formal proposal and part of that will be demonstrating my ability to self-promote and drive sales so help a would-be author out with a coupla thumbs, willya?

Here's the blurb...

Everything I Need to Know About Marketing I Learned From Google

Last month I shared what search taught me about running a business. Today, I'd like to list 10 lessons Google taught me -- and the rest of the world, for that matter -- about marketing.
»11 Comments

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails