As promised in my lengthy Bing review, today's Search Insider column focuses on what Bing needs to do to catch Google. And, no, it has nothing to do with deploying Chris Hansen and a video crew to catch rogue searchers in the act. Although that might make a better ad than this one.
Here's the the recap. Hit up MediaPost for my full commentary.
10 Things Bing Must Do To Catch Google
1. Have a catchy slogan.
2. Create memorable advertising.
3. Don't change the name.
4. Tighten up the relevancy filter.
5. Buy Yahoo's search assets.
6. Buy Twitter.
7. Get more distribution.
8. Incorporate the social graph.
9. Run display ads.
10. Continue lobbying against Google.
WWW.NAPLETOWN.COM - OK, so the name of the dealership is Napleton's but the URL is Napletown? Sorry, but it's brown frown for Napletown. :(
4 weeks ago