Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Who's Ready to Get Googley?!?




















Image Source

Gotta love that old Snickers ad. "Hey, that's great but who are the Chefs?!?"

Yesterday saw the new website launch for my Google book, Everything I Know about Marketing I Learned from Google, at GoogleyLessons.com.

I'm very pleased with how it came out and must tip my hat again to the good folks at Elevate Studios for the amazing work.

The site is full of content including executive summaries of each chapter, the full text of nearly every interview I conducted while researching the book, as well as the complete book introduction. There's also a blog where I plan to share behind-the-scenes tidbits as well as keep everyone updated on news and info related to the book and its subjects.

One of my main goals for the site is to make reading the book a more interactive experience. Throughout the book I included URLs for people to click on e-readers and/or type in to their browsers to get more context for a particular topic. And I set up specific URLs for each chapter for readers to share thoughts and exchange ideas with others.

My hope is that the book will become much more than the paper -- and, as the case may be, digital ink -- it's printed on. As noted in Chapter 17, "Show of Your Assets," it's always a best practice to extend the shelf life of your products through digital asset creation and distribution. This website is one small way I'm looking to practice what I preach. Other tactics include a promotional video I'm shooting tomorrow along with a blog tour around the book release date (which is set for 8/27, btw) -- both of which were concepted and being executed by my publisher, McGraw-Hill.

When you have a few minutes -- or hours -- to spare, please check out the Googley Lessons website and, if you haven't already, pre-order the book and engage in the conversation.

And, if you like the shirt below better than the one up above, feel free to pick one up -- choose from 20 color combinations! -- through my pals at KosherHam.com.




Remember, Googley is as Googley does. And who doesn't want to get Googley every now and then?!?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails