Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Apple Signals Sea Change, Buys Siri

Today brought word that Apple bought Siri, a virtual personal assistant that I cover in detail in chapter 21 of my book. Siri CEO, Dag Kittlaus, was kind enough to grant me an interview as I prepared my manuscript. Little did I know -- or did he let on -- what was cooking behind the scenes.

WSJ has good coverage of the news. Will share my POV in next week's Search Insider column. For now, just wanted to call everyone's attention to this latest development in the Google/Apple saga. One day we'll point to this and say this was the moment Apple threw down the search gauntlet.

More on how these two are tangoing in my recent post on the Connectual blog, including a press mention in MediaPost speculating about Google's hire of a new "Developer Advocate."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails