Thursday, September 24, 2009

Book 'Em Danno

In yesterday's Search Insider column, I offer up 5 more in what's now become a Top 20 list of marketing lessons learned from Google.

As discussed in my post, "Is It Book-Worthy?" my goal is to expand this series into a book. This week, I've taken the next step towards making that happen. I just finished up an 18 page book proposal that I'll be submitting to a publisher I met through my ad:tech Digital Marketing Webinar. A colleague of an editor at one of the better known business information brands attended and then stopped by my booth in the virtual expo hall afterwords -- funny how those things happen, aye? I used to think it was a small world. Then I got Connectual.

Here's the blurb...

Even More On: Everything I Need to Know About Marketing I Learned From Google

In my last two columns, I've offered the following 15 marketing lessons learned from Google and examples of folks applying them. More than just tidbits to maximize SEM programs, these are principles that can be applied to all facets of marketing. Of course, the irony in all this is that Google is a company that's proudly spent very little on advertising. Accordingly, perhaps the most important lesson of them all is that marketing is so much more than just advertising.

» 2 Comments

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails