Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Does the Carpet Match the Drapes?

As I hinted at in my Hunch review, today's Search Insider builds on the topic of why people search to explore why search marketing is so prolific -- and how important it is that the point of both search and search marketing match. In that framework, I ponder what it would take for a new platform (ala Hunch) to leapfrog Google.

Here's the blurb...

What's The Point Of Search Marketing?

In my last column, I tried to put some context around future search innovation by asking, "What's the point of search?" Cribbing from Wikipedia's definition for matching theory, I landed on solving problems by using math or science to remove friction and create economically favorable outcomes for all. If this, indeed, is the point of search, then what's the point of search marketing?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails