Friday, February 27, 2009

Geeked

I'm a Search Geek

Apparently I'm in the top 10% of Search Geeks in the world. Not sure if I should be proud or scared. For someone who's never personally uploaded a keyword to Google AdWords much less set a match type or max bid, the fact that I finished #56 out of nearly 1,700 entrants is really saying something. Unfortunately for the industry-at-large (but fortunately for my job security) I think what it's saying is that there aren't too many people out there that really know the history or nuts and bolts of search marketing. Like I've always said, you don't need to know how the car engine works to be a good driver. But maybe it's time to worry when the driver is lapping all the mechanics out there when it comes to identifying parts.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails