Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Usurp the SERP

Kevin Lee quoted me in his ClickZ column earlier this week. He asked me and my fellow SES Chicago speakers to weigh in on the biggest change we'd like to see from the search engines next year. Here was my response...

"Third-party-served sponsored listings and display/video ads on SERPs. It's about time we leveraged some sight, sound, and motion and tracked post-view activity. To me, this is one of the great promises of Google's DoubleClick acquisition (right behind DART and Google Analytics integration)."

I've been calling for display and video ads on search results pages for quite some time. That, along with 3rd party serving, would really help us move the needle on leveraging search for branding.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails